Welcome

Take Time To Think!

Monday, June 6, 2011

Great Community Event

I am so lucky to have been able to participate in the Grand View Gator 5k this past weekend! The results are in and I must say the the feeling of pride is great! By the way, that last hill to the finish line up 24th Street was killer!

When we first moved here 4 years ago, we would watch and cheer the runners go by and never in a million years did I think I would be a participant one day. So when I ran by our house and my daughter and neighbors cheered for me, it felt so good. It's only my second 5k, but I am already psyched to do the next one. I'm even considering working toward doing the Hometown Fair 10k. It's a scary thought, but I'm amazed that I'm even considering it.

Thank you to all the volunteers that made that wonderful community event happen. I hope it was successful for you too. Also, thank you to all of the sponsors for the event. I love my Murad gift bag and coupons for Fresh Brothers Pizza and Grow!

Finally, a shout out to my friend Leslie who finished 4th in her age bracket. Way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment