Welcome

Take Time To Think!

Monday, June 27, 2011

THE MB Grand Prix

The Manhattan Beach Grand Prix. How exciting! It seemed like the racers this year were very intense. This is a picture taken at the corner of my house looking up Valley Rd. This is the fourth race I've seen and every time I am very impressed.

I've never appreciated biking because I grew up on a hilly country road where there wasn't a place or need to bike. But my husband grew up on a bike and has always loved it. His passion for recreational biking has rubbed off on me. We'd even love to own a bike shop. There seems to be a better system for renting bikes in Hermosa than in Manhattan Beach. But we haven't tried either, yet. We've stopped into Fun Bunns in Manhattan Beach (it's on Manhattan Ave, just south of Manhattan Beach Blvd.) a couple times and have enjoyed meeting the owners. What do you think? Is it easy to rent a bike in Manhattan Beach? Or does the shop need a little something else? Is that why The Shade Hotel and The Belamar have bikes of their own to rent to our visitors?

Well, hope you all had a nice weekend. Wasn't Sunday afternoon on the beach spectacular? And, I hope I congratulate Ryan Begley correctly for finishing in the top 10 in his Cat 3 race at the MB Grand Prix this year!

HAPPY SUMMER!

No comments:

Post a Comment